Blog Birthday and Announcing the 'Kitchen Masterpiece' Event

Blog Birthday and Announcing the 'Kitchen Masterpiece' Event
It is a year since my daughter, Dibs, goaded me into publishing a recipe blog. Since I was a novice in the field of computer technology, I hesitated a lot to get down to it, and there were many apprehensions. She persuaded me by saying she would create the Chitra Amma’s Kitchen blog, and publish all the posts, until I felt comfortable enough doing it myself. Since then, there was no looking back, (although she still continues to do all the posting!) Thanks to all my fellow bloggers, this blog is celebrating its first anniversary on 19th January 2009! We decided to celebrate the anniversary by announcing an event. What better way to celebrate than with Food, Art and Craft our all time favourite hobbies!

What can be submitted?
Create any form of art or craft, made of either raw or cooked food products. Since this is a veggy blog, please use only vegetarian items. Examples include vegetable carvings, sugar craft, coconut carvings, ginger bread men and so on. It does not matter whether your masterpiece is eatable or not! For example a kolam made of rice flour, or a rangoli made of raw grains cannot be eaten, but are most welcome for the event! None of us are Picassos or Ravi Vermas (or maybe few of you are!), so please don’t hesitate in taking part! Blog about your art or craft work, and include pictures or videos of your masterpiece. Write about how you made it, what inspired you and so on kin your post.

The Kitchen Masterpiece Logo
This logo comes from a masterpiece that was made by my bright little granddaughter Dhrithi, who is all of seven years old. It is a fairy made from dosa! She made me make the dosa, and then did all the decoration! You can see more art work, poems and essays by Dhrithi here!

Prizes!
Prizes are really exciting aren't they? We were thinking about making this a contest - but then who are we, or anybody else for that matter, to judge your masterpieces! Every work of art is an outlet for creativity, and brings joy and positive emotions to the artist and to others. So instead of a contest we decided to do a lucky draw with names of all participants. A few lucky folks will get some nice gifts! Once we have the lucky winners, we will announce the results on the blog during the round up, and let you know by mail as well.

What do you need to do?
- Make a fresh and independent post on your blog. Link back to this event in Chitra Amma's Kitchen. We’d be happy if you used the logo, but it is optional!

- Ensure that your entries do not violate any copyright laws.

- Drop us a mail with a link to your post at chitra.ammas.kitchen@gmail.com or chitra(dot)ammas(dot)kitchen(dot)com, with the following details.
Your Name:
Name of your post:
URL / Link:
You need not send any details or photos, as we will directly pick it up from your post.

- You may send as many entries as you wish.

- In case you do not have a blog, you are still welcome to participate. You can simply send your entries to our e-mail address at chitra-ammas-kitchen@gmail.com or chitra(dash)ammas(dash)kitchen(dot)com.

- This event is open till 19th February '09, midnight, Sydney, Australia Time (so those in the West actually get almost a day in addition!). The round up will be posted a few days later.

- Feel free to contact us via mail or in the comments section if you have any questions.

So get the creative juices flowing, and we really look forward to seeing your Masterpieces!

Comments

Cham said…
Congrats amd I wish many more Years of Happy Blogging , the dosa reminds my granny who makes us the whole zoo in dosa form! What a creative way to celebrate the anniversary. I am not so artistic person but I ve time to think for ur event & perhaps come up with something!
Sunshinemom said…
Let me think! I too am good at making maps out of dosai batter - but that wouldn't be a great submission, right? As for kolam, I used to but it is a long long time!!

Happy blog anniversary, and hope to see more blogging this year! Three cheers to Chitra Amma and Dibs!
Lakshmi said…
Happy Birthday to your blog! and it is a nice way of celebrating the birthday. I will try to send something :)
Uma said…
Happy blog birthday! Wishing many more such birthdays with more delicious recipes. The event sounds so interesting. I will send something for sure.
Neha said…
Very nice event. I'll definately try n send something for the event, as it will make us to think something creative.
Kuddos to ur daughter too,who insisted u to start this, n we came to many yummy recipes from u. Thanx
Unknown said…
interesting event..will try something..Congratulation on your blog anniversary..
Jayashree said…
Happy blog anniversary, Chitra amma & Dibs. I enjoy reading your blog and look forward to all your posts eagerly.
hey nice event. the logo is soooo cute. u gave life to dosa. hehehe. will try to come up with something.
Purnima said…
Happy Blog Ann. TO you both (Chitramma, Dibs!) That masterpiece is truly uniqe..Dhriti is so talented at this age! Lovely event! ALl the best to your blog!
notyet100 said…
congrats ,..will sure send somethin,..nd join u in ur celebration,..;-)
Dibs said…
Thanks Cham! If you are not creative, I dont know who is!!!

Harini - Thanks a ton for the cheers! Dosai maps are most welcome!

Thanks Lakshmi - even the sakkarai acchu would be a great entry - since you can send any number - do include that as well!

Thanks Uma - Look forward to your entry.

Thanks Neha! Yes, let's get the creative juices flowing!

Sowmya - Look forward to your entry.

Jayashree - Thank you so much, and we enjoy your visits here and seeing your blog as well!

Thanks Purnima! Ya Dhrithi is one bubbly kid, and always upto something creative (even creative mischief!!!)
Priya Suresh said…
Happy birthday to your blog..wishing u more n more blogging in future, lovely event...will try to come with something creative..who knows:)
anudivya said…
Congratulations! I will try to send in something.
I bet I will be creating some wierd looking stuff soon! :)
Finla said…
Happy birthday to your wonderful blog and wishing many more happy years of bloggin.
I am always so bad in crafts, no talent at all, still i will see if i can make something for the event.
Deepthi Shankar said…
wow congrats on completing 1 year .. this sure looks like a fun contest. happy hosting
Anonymous said…
Happy b'day to you,happy b'day to u,happy b'day to u dear(blog) happy b'day to u.....
warm wishes and best of luck for more years to come
The event is a unique one and it would be real fun, participating and enjoying round up
Raks said…
Congrats on reaching milestone:) I am in for the event:)
Vibaas said…
Interesting event and that's a cute logo :)
Anonymous said…
Happy Blog Anniversary..... Really a creative way to celebrate this rocking first anniversary... Let me see what i may come up with...
YOSEE said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ! A year already ?! Wish you many many yummy returns !
congrats on your blog birthday and wish you all the best. appa
Usha said…
Congratulations on completing a year of blogging. Looking forward to many more years of yummy posts from you...great event idea let me see if I can come up with something for it :-)
Shreya said…
Congratulations! A very creative event :-) Love the idea, though I am not sure of being creative with food, except for cooking...
Anonymous said…
CONGRATS CHITRA AMMA and DIBBS

-Adi
Ivy said…
Congratz and Happy bloggoversary. Sorry for being so late to visit but I've been really busy the past days. I have never attempted to make art from food but shall try and see if I succeed and make something especially for you.
Srivalli said…
Congratulations and Happy anniversary..Sorry for the late wishes...thats really a cute event..will surely try to think of something for you!
Sanghi said…
Excellent Event..! Congrats! Will surely try o participate...!
sra said…
Hi, am late to this particular post - congrats on the blogiversary!
FH said…
Just saw this event in some blog, it's almost over too! :D

I am not creative, let's see if I can make it for your event! :)
FH said…
And happy first blog birthday, enjoy blogging! :)
lubnakarim06 said…
Just dropped in my entry. Check it out dear.
Malini Basu said…
Just happened to come across your blog.
Congratulations on completing a year of blogging.
Sharmistha Guha said…
Hello!
What a wonderful idea to celebrate the BLOG birthday!
Wish you many more years of happy blogging!
I just sent you the link to my entry to your mail id...
Sanika N said…
interesting event..congratulations....just mailed u my entires
Esther said…
Congrats.. Interesting Event!!! I have just now send in my entry to your mail Id
Gayathri said…
Congrats and Happy Birthday to ur blog.......Interesting event, just dropped the mail.......
All of you guys are such wonderful cooks that i find my self nowhere!!! I am lost in recipes. someone help !!!
Nazarina A said…
Happy b/day to your delicious blog!
Thanks for inviting me and visiting me, I shall add your masterpiece logo to my Butterscotch thumbprint post and e-mail you with the other particulars!
Neha said…
waiting eagerly for the roundp...
Rumela said…
Wow!! what a great kitchen masterpiece event.I am sure it will be taste as good as the picture.Happy Birth Day to your post.your blog birthday presentation an eye-pleaser.thank you for shearing your post.
Unknown said…
congrats and happy b'day...Lovely event,,will surely participate....
Sangeetha Nambi said…
Congrats and Happy B'day to uuuuuuu :) Happy to follow u friend :)

Do have a visit to my place:
http://recipe-excavator.blogpsot.com
Fitted kitchen said…
Happy birthday to your wonderful blog and wishing plenty of more happy years of bloggin.Really a creative way to celebrate this rocking.