INGREDIENTS FOR LAYER - 1
Digestive biscuits - 1 small packet
Cocoa powder - 4 tbps
Powdered sugar ( we used icing sugar) - 2 cups
Butter - 150 gms
METHOD1. Crumble biscuits, and chop the almonds by running in a mixer for a minute.
2. Double boil sugar, cocoa powder and butter and blend well.
3. Add the sugar,cocoa,butter blend to the biscuit and nut mixture and mix well.
4.Pour into a deep greased plate and press down to pack it tightly and leave it in the refrigerator.
Powdered sugar - 2 cups
Custard powder - 4 tbps
Fresh milk cream - 2 tbps
2.Add butter and whisk with a wooden spatula adding cream to make a fluffy cream, thick enough to spread on the first layer.
3.Take out the chilled plate and pour the whisked cream uniformly to spread over the compressed nut and almond layer.
4.Return the plate to the refrigerator.
Butter - 50 gms
Sugar - 1 cup
METHOD1. Double boil butter, broken chocolate pieces and sugar.
2 .Cook until the ingredients blend well .
3. Bring out the chilled tray and pour the chocolate mixture uniformly over the creamy layer.
4. Spread the chocolate quickly before the cream layer melts and immediately return it to the refrigerator.
5. Chill until firm and then cut into bars with a sharp knife.
Since D2 was in a great hurry to taste the Nanaimo Bar she chilled it in the freezer! She could not wait too long to relish the haphazard shapes of the 'melt in the mouth', Nanaimo Bar! The ear to ear beam which lit up her face was in itself a festival to celebrate!