Inji Tengai Thair Pachadi (ginger and coconut pachadi) can be termed as a double dish because it can also be used as a chutney depending on the requirement. One spoon of this pachadi with one spoon of hot steaming rice at the beginning of a meal ensures good appetite. It goes very well as a side dish with pongal, pulav, dosas and adais.
Fresh coconut gratings - 1 cup
Peeled and chopped fresh ginger - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Fresh thick curds - 1 cup
Mustard seeds - 1 pinch
Oil - 1 tsp
Freshly chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
1. Add little water and smoothly grind coconut gratings, ginger and salt into a thick paste.
2. Blend the paste into the curds.
3. Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
4. When the mustard seeds splutter add the seasoning to the pachadi.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Enjoy the cool Inji thair pachadi and its appetizing aroma.