Fresh thick curds - 2 cups
Salt - 1 pinch
Oil - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Freshly chopped green coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Finely chopped green chillies- 1/2 tsp
Pomegranate seeds - 2 tbsp
2. Add salt and lightly mash the fruit with the back of a spoon so that the curd should uniformly be infused with the juice of the fruit. Take care not to mash it up into a pulp.
3. Mix in the thick curds.
4. Heat oil and add the mustard seeds.
5. When the mustard seeds crackle add the cumin seeds. Let the cumin seeds pop up before switching off the flame.
7. Add chopped green chillies and add the seasoning to the pachadi.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle the red pomegranate seeds on top.
Relish the cool and sweet Vazhai Pazha Thair Pachadi as a side dish or enjoy it as a dessert without adding the green chillies.