Salt - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - for frying
2. Grate the potatoes using the bigger holes in the grater and immerse the gratings in cold water for fifteen minutes.
3. Mix salt and turmeric powder in 1/4 cup of water and keep it aside.
4. Drain the potato gratings and spread the gratings on a towel to remove excess water.
5. Heat oil in a kadai and drop a handful of potato gratings into the hot oil.
6. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and turmeric powder solution while the potatoes are still hissing and bubbling.
7. Stir frequently and fry the chips evenly till the colour starts changing into a deep yellow .
8. Decrease flame immediately and remove the crispy chips using a perforated ladle and drain on a paper towel.
9. Increase flame and fry the next batch.
Enjoy the yummy and addictive ' urulaikizhangu chips with a difference'.