Thursday, August 18, 2011
This is an easy to prepare 'murukku' and can be turned out instantaneously. It is a 'melt in the mouth' snack , as Baby Krishna's favourite 'bennae' (butter ) is used in preparing the dough.
Rice flour ( Store bought flour is fine ) - 3 cups
Roasted gram - 1 cup
Sesame seeds - 2 tsps
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Butter - 2 tbsps
Oil - for frying
1. Grind the roasted gram into a fine powder and just take one cup of flour for the murukku.
2. Combine rice flour, roasted gram flour, salt, chilly powder, asafoetida and sesame seeds in a bowl.
3. Rub in the butter thoroughly into the flour mixture.
4. Add water little by little and prepare a soft dough.
5. Grease the mould of the murukku press and fill it with one portion of the prepared dough.
7. Press the dough directly into the hot oil .
8. Decrease flame to medium and flip the murukkus gently.
10. Remove the Bennae Murukkus using a perforated ladle and drain them on a paper towel. Increase flame and press the next batch. Regulate heat as and when needed.
Offer the crunchy Bennae Murukku to Sri Krishna and share the addictive prasaadam with family and friends.