Friday, December 30, 2011
FINGER FOOD FOR THE NEW YEAR PARTY
LENTIL &VEGETABLE DUMPLINGS
This is an easy to prepare finger food. Lentil and Vegetable Dumplings are very healthy and nutritious since they are cooked in steam.
Tur dal - 1 cup
Bengal gram dal - 1 tbsp
Green gram dal - 1 tbsp
Red chillies - 4
Grated carrot - 1/2 cup
Finely chopped beans - 2 tbsps
Finely chopped capsicum - 2 tbsps
Finely chopped onion - 2 tbsps
Finely chopped Green chillies - 2 tsps
Finely chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsps
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Black gram dal - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Salt - 1 tsp
1. Drain the soaked ingredients and grind coarsely without adding water.
2. Blend in the salt and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds.
4. When the mustard seeds splutter add the black gram dal and roast till golden in colour.
5. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
6. Add chopped onion and green chillies.
7. Add chopped capsicum and beans and stir fry till they are half done.
8. Mix in the ground lentil , switch off flame and allow to cool.
9. Blend in the carrot gratings and the chopped coriander.
10. Take lemon size balls of the prepared mixture and shape them into dumplings.
11. Arrange the prepared dumplings in a greased idly plate and steam in the pressure cooker without the weight for fifteen minutes.
Serve the hot Lentil & Vegetable Dumplings with a tangy tamarind sauce or mint chutney.