Saturday, December 17, 2011
SWEET MELANGE FOR A MERRY CHRISTMAS
BABY CARROT MURABBA
Among all other vegetables Carrots are an all time favourite of children. Bright and tender baby carrots add colour and cheer to a festive meal especially when they are steeped in a sweet syrup.
Baby carrots - 10
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/2 a pinch
Cardamom powder or cinnamon powder - 1 pinch
1. Wash and peel baby carrots and lightly prick them using a fork or a knitting needle.
2. Steam the carrots in a pressure cooker without the weight for fifteen minutes.
3. Add one and a half cups of water to the sugar and boil it adding the salt and the lime juice.
4. When the syrup starts becoming sticky add the steamed carrots .
5. Cook till the syrup reaches one thread consistency stirring now and then.
6. Switch off flame and add the cardamom powder / cinnamon powder.
The warm Baby Carrot Murabba is a welcome treat on a cold but festive day.