Wednesday, April 18, 2012
PAALAK AND PANEER PATHRODAE
The innovative No Grain dishes my daughter makes look so delicious and healthy. Inspired by her I prepared Pathrodae using no grains, but with a South Indian Touch.
I had never imagined that a No Grain dish could be so filling and satisfying until I tried and tasted the Paalak And Paneer Pathrodaes.
Large paalak leaves - 6
Home made paneer - 1/2 cup
Fresh coconut gratings - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Red chillies - 4
Coriander seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - the size of a cherry
Salt - 1/4 tsp
1. Wash and pat the paalak leaves dry and keep them aside.
2. Grind together coconut gratings, red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, tamarind, salt and turmeric powder into a thick paste, adding very little water if necessary.
3. Add the paneer and run the mixer for one or two more minutes so that it blends well with the coconut paste.
4. Take a heaped table spoon of the coconut - paneer mixture and spread it on a paalak leaf.
5. Fold both sides of the leaf lengthwise over the paste and press gently.
6. Starting from the tip, roll the folded paalak up to the base and press it down gently.