Sunday, June 10, 2012
I hurried back from a late morning walk to prepare breakfast for my family. But to my great astonishment my son and daughter - in - law had already taken over the kitchen without any signs of jet lag ! I loved my daughter - in - law's exotic chutney for its novel nutty flavour and here is how she prepared it.
Baadaami / Almonds - 1/2 cup
Green chilly - 1 small
Fresh ginger - one inch piece
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Ghee - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 pinch
Curry leaves - a few
1. Dry roast the baadaami / almonds till it emanates a pleasant aroma.
2. Grind the roasted nuts very coarsely with green chilly, ginger and salt.
3. Add water little by little to get a desired consistency and run the mixer for only a few more seconds so that the chutney remains coarse.
4. Heat ghee and splutter the mustard seeds.
5. Add curry leaves and pour the seasoning over the Baadaami / Almond Chutney.
Enjoy the flavoursome Baadaami Chutney with Idlies, Dosas or any other tiffin.