Friday, June 28, 2013
PACHAI MOLAGAI PISIRAL
Here is a quick and easy to make pickle using green chillies for Fresh Pickle lovers. The variety of green chillies - (Banana/Capsicum annuum) - used for preparing Molagai Bajjis are less hot and the same can be used for making Pachai Molagai Pisiral.
Big green chillies - 6
Sesame oil - 2 tbsps
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Powdered fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 pinch
Juice of half lime or more according to taste
1. Wash, dry and chop green chillies into small pieces.
2. Heat sesame oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
3. When the mustard seeds splutter add asafoetida, turmeric powder and fenugreek powder.
4. When the seasoning emanates a pleasant aroma add the chopped chillies and salt.
5. Stir, cover and cook on low flame for two minutes.
6. Remove lid and keep stirring till the chillies are cooked.
7. Squeeze the juice of lime and switch off flame.
8. Stir well and allow to cool.
Enjoy the flavoursome and lemony Pachai Molagai Pisiral along with any type of meal.