Thursday, February 6, 2014
We have Ragi Idlies for breakfast very often . But I have not posted the recipe of this simple but power packed dish till now. Here is how I prepared it for today's breakfast.
Ragi flour or Ragi Puttu flour- 3 Cups
Black gram dal - 1 Cup
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Beaten rice - 1 tbsp
Salt - 1 1/2 tsps
Sugar - 1pinch
1. Soak the black gram dal for an hour with fenugreek seeds and beaten rice.
2. Grind the soaked ingredients into a smooth and fluffy batter.
3. Add salt and sugar and blend it for another one minute.
4. Remove the batter into a deep vessel.
5. Add the Ragi flour to the batter and mix thoroughly using your hand. Add more water if required to get the idly batter consistency.
6. Cover with a lid and leave it overnight in a warm place. Use the fermented batter to make soft and fluffy Ragi Idlies.
Enjoy them while they are still warm with a liberal quantity of onion and tomato Sambar, chutney and idly Molaga podi. Do not forget to top the idlies with fresh ghee.