Monday, March 27, 2017
BEETROOT AND MANGO UGADI PACHADI
Beetroot Sweet Pachadi occupies a special place in all festival menus. Adding beetroot to the traditional Ugadi Pachadi makes the Pachadi more delicious and colourful.
Raw Mango (peeled and cut into pieces) - 1
Beetroot - 1
Powdered jaggery - 1 1/2 cups
Salt - 1 pinch
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Sesame oil - 2 tbsps
Mustard seeds - 1 pinch
Red chilly (broken) - 1
Cashew nuts (broken) - 1 tsp
Neem flowers (fresh or dry) - 1 pinch
1. Pressure cook the beetroot, peel and blend into a paste.
2. Heat one table spoon of oil and saute the beetroot paste till the raw smell goes and keep aside.
3. Cover the mango pieces in water and cook till they are soft, adding turmeric powder and salt.
4. When the mangoes are done add the sauteed beetroot paste and powdered jaggery.
5. Stir and cook till all the ingredients blend into a jelly like mass.
6. Heat the remaining oil and add the mustard seeds.
7. When the mustard seeds splutter add the broken cashew nuts.
8. When the cashew nuts turn golden in colour add the broken red chillies and neem flowers.
9. Pour the seasoning onto the Pachadi.
Enjoy the colourful and flavoursome BEETROOT AND MANGO PACHADI along with your HAPPY UGADI lunch.